Employers:Register first. When you’ve received the approval email you can login and post jobs. Postings are moderated and usually approved within a few hours.
Compulsory Fields: If you don’t have the specific information, select a default value. Examples: Salary: choose the radial button others, and type in DOE (Depends on Experience). Job Code: If you don’t have one, just type in N/A.
Job seekers: Register and login. You can subscribe to receive updates for specific categories via email or RSS feeds. Apply by following instructions in the job posting or by emailing your application to the contact email for the hiring organization.
The Exploratorium is seeking 2 full-time Major Gifts Officers. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Major Gifts Officer is part of a dynamic and high-energy team of development professionals working in a collaborative environment within the museum to inspire support for its ambitious special campaign and annual giving programs. The Major Gifts Officer works closely with the senior leadership of the museum and volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts in support of the initiatives of The Exploratorium.
• Responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual prospects capable of making multi-year pledges of $10,000 or more in support of the special gifts campaign or annual operating support.
• Builds and maintains a portfolio of 100-125 prospects
• Devise a holistic philanthropic strategy for each prospect in the portfolio with the goal of soliciting each prospect for multi-year special gifts campaign and annual pledges in support of the museum.
• In collaboration with the Director of Development, devise a legacy gift strategy for each prospect in the portfolio.
• Support the work and active engagement of volunteers and senior museum leadership in the cultivation and solicitation of prospects within their portfolio.
• Conduct 10 – 15 personal visits per month in addition to engaging prospects at special events.
• In collaboration with the Director of Development and the special gifts team, plan and implement cultivation events and special projects in order to engage donors and prospects.
• Write targeted solicitation proposals and stewardship material for individual donors and prospects for the capital campaign and other initiatives of the museum.
• Continually research, assess and upgrade assigned portfolio.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of donor contacts and communications.
• Attend Development managers meeting, as needed, to discuss fundraising strategies and make recommendations on cultivation strategies and priorities
Senior Development Officer – Major Gifts
• Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of development experience with increasing responsibility; successful history in major gifts; staff, volunteer, and committee management. Extensive knowledge of fundraising principles, techniques and ethics; experience in devising strategies for cultivation and solicitation of major donors; knowledge of Bay Area philanthropic community helpful. Candidates with experience fundraising in the arts and sciences are highly desired.
• Skills and Abilities: Must possess exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking and meeting facilitation. Ability to motivate and interact effectively with Board, volunteers, donors and museum staff at all levels. Possession of a collegial management style that promotes team work, creativity and open communication. Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities with grace and humor. Well organized and detail oriented. Ability to use computer software required (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Raiser’s Edge).
• Ability to manage complex event budgets and annual expense budgets
• Knowledge of science preferred, and knowledge of arts and education helpful
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
The application submission deadline is open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a regular, full-time (37.5 hours per week), exempt, grant funded management position that includes benefits. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Major Gifts Officer
(Please include position title as the subject heading.)
E-mail: [email protected]
Exploratorium, Piers 15/17, San Francisco, CA 94111
No phone calls, please
The Exploratorium is committed to a diverse workforce.