|Make a Difference
through volunteering and other activities is a great way to make a
difference. You can enhance your skills, and community contacts by serving
in leadership roles.
There's always plenty to do, a wide variety of activities to choose from,
and you can have a lot of fun. The opportunities created and the traditions
we pass to future graduates will be as strong, as interesting, and as
important as you make them.
- Keep your address and other
- Make an unrestricted gift to the
- Recommend a prospective student to the Admissions office.
- Wear School shirts, hats, etc.
- Hang your diploma(s) proudly in your office.
- Clip articles you see about the school and send them to the Alumni
- Join an Alumni Association section.
- Represent the school at a college fair.
- Attend school athletic events.
- Put a school sticker in your car window.
- Serve on the Alumni Association board.
- Submit news about yourself for the magazine.
- Write an article for the magazine.
- Visit the he campus frequently.
- Speak about the school to a school guidance counselor.
- Serve as a speaker in your area of expertise at trade associations and
meetings of professional groups.
- Establish a charitable remainder trust to benefit the School.
- Be a host for a visiting student or family.
- Get an Alumni Association MasterCard or Visa. Every time you use it a
donation is made to the Alumni Association.
- Request a faculty, staff, or student speaker for your school, civic
group, trade association, or professional association.
- Host an alumni gathering at your home or place of business.
- Help plan a reunion for your class.
- Help find "lost" alumni.
- Mentor a current student.
- Let the Career Center know of any job openings at your company.
- Provide current students with the opportunity to do "mock", or better
yet, real job interviews with your business.
- Donate books to the library.
- Donate computer equipment to the school.
- Attend commencement.
- Honor your school by mentioning your affiliation when you are honored.
- If you work for a matching gift company, be sure to send in your
matching gift form.
- Put the school in your will.
- Come home in your reunion year.
- Establish an endowed scholarship fund for your class or to honor a
favorite professor or classmate.
- Write to your legislators regarding the importance of funding the
- Invite a student to lunch, or dinner.
- Hire school graduates, and encourage others in similar positions to do
- Become a member of your class Reunion Gift Committee.