- Individual offices for professional staff since you are often dealing with
sensitive and confidential material on a daily basis.
- Proximity to files with a work table near so you can spread things out and
look at them.
- Lighting designed for computer users and windows with natural light.
- Availability of a conference room for meetings with your staff, and
presentations from vendors. Ideally, there should be a computer and
projected so presentations and training can be done easily without having
to go through a lot of setup.
- Proximity of staff to each other and also to development staff that they
support. It's much more difficult to support areas you are physically
- Should be adequate security and areas with sensitive information should be
able to be locked.
- Good refrigerator.
- Good copy machine and binding facilities.
- High ratio of printers to users.
- Space for ample library of research and technical material.
- Adequate and working file cabinets.
- A private place for telephone calls.