The Manager of Web & Digital Media is
responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the primary
websites of the Division of Advancement. They have a strong user
understanding and demonstrated expertise in Web content, usability,
architecture, development and design.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a Web
team & process. Provide excellent management and leadership to the Web
& Digital Media staff and work collaboratively with staff, management,
University clients, and IT support.
- Partner with internal and external
content managers, editors, designers, developers, and other University
staff to ensure sites meet both client and University needs, align
with the brand strategy platform, and meet University Web standards.
- Market and present web/digital
strategies to diverse audiences, manage multiple projects and maintain
schedules and budgets.
- Excellent web/digital media project
management and estimating experience.
- Fluent in development optimization
techniques to deliver the best user experiences in the most
technically efficient manner.
- 5+ years, plus 2 years management
experience of Web team/projects
- BA or MFA Digital Media, Interaction
Design, or related degree.
Required, advanced knowledge of the
- HTML, XHTML, CSS design, cross-browser
- Macromedia suite: Dreamweaver MX 2004,
Flash, ColdFusion, Contribute
- Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator,
- CMS, graceful degradation, unobtrusive
- W3C Web standards, WAI, ADA & Sections
508 and 504 compliance
- Preferred-XML, AJAX, RSS, PHP, ASP,
SQLserver, ActionScript, Flash rich internet applications