The senior manager online presence will be responsible for keeping
content and format at the leading edge of the field.
To accomplish this, the senior manager will keep up to date on
developments in the field and on innovations in the world of information
The senior manager will develop and maintain substantial relationships
with experts and organizations in the field in order to offer new
content and features.
The senior manager will create and manage an editorial calendar to
coordinate the regular addition (daily, if possible) of new material as
well as monthly features.
The senior manager will take the lead in our efforts to raise funds from
foundations, corporations, and government agencies to sustain online
presence. The senior manager will work in collaboration with an
editorial associate, Web team, and promotions team.
The senior manager will manage consultants who provide content for the
site, manage the small Web staff who keep the site running, undertake
our promotional efforts, and coordinate with the business manager to
continue the growth of our online store.
- Manage the daily operations and future
growth of the Web site, including content development, outreach, and
technical support, and
- Ensure that user inquiries are handled
- Oversee writing and distribution of
news headlines and monthly e-newsletter and manage forums
- Acquire content from regular
contributors and other content providers, clear rights, and post to
- Oversee promotion and seek promotion
from other sites
- Supervise staff and freelancers to
ensure that content, promotion, design, marketing, and Web programming
work are carefully coordinated
- Work closely with staff to take
advantage of joint content, marketing, sales, and promotional
- Collaborate closely with the business
manager to support existing revenue-generating activities (online
store, sponsorships) and develop new ones
- Ensure that the site is fully
accessible and complies with the latest standards of accessibility
- Manage the online presence budget
- Give presentations about the online
presence at national conferences
- Play a major role in continuing
fundraising efforts on behalf of the online presence, to include
meeting with government, foundation, and corporation officials;
drafting fundraising proposals; and coordinating with the fundraising
department. Cultivate relationships with potential funding sources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorís degree or equivalent.
- Five or more years work experience
- Superior writing skills; writing that
is clear, compelling and well organized, generally free from errors in
grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Excellent oral communication and
- Excellent organizational skills and
attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work
effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an
atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline
- Experience in publications, Web site
development, and/or project management desirable.
- Knowledge of the research, teaching
methods, and social issues affecting children with learning
disabilities and those who teach and care for them desirable.
- Experience in fundraising and grant
- Experience managing creative and
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong editorial skills.
- Strong sense of layout and design
- Ability to exercise independent
judgment and discretion in performing duties.