Software Replacement Project Assistant is responsible for the provision of
administrative support to the Manager, Administration and Advancement
Records and to Advancement Services Software Replacement teams.
Monitors Project Budget
- Reviews and processes all expense claims
for the project, including travel claims.
- Reviews all purchasing requests for the
project to ensure that proper approvals are in place.
- Manages some bookkeeping items.
- Participates and coordinates processes
related to staff recruitment for the software project, including
reviewing applications, ranking candidates, and producing initial short
- May participate on selection committees
for new project-related staff.
- Schedules interviews and checks
Project Administrative Support
- Assists in the development of policies
- Develops, with appropriate team leads
and stakeholders, policies and procedures.
- Involved in project and deliverables
tracking throughout the implementation phase.
- Monitors the status of agreements and
contracts, reporting variations or discrepancies to management.
- Acts as recording secretary in internal
and external project meetings, prepares and distributes minutes and
action item summaries.
- Communicates with Advancement Services
personnel and vendor contacts to exchange information requiring minimal
interpretation or discussion.
- Organizes a variety of regular and
special committee meetings, preparing any required materials.
- Assists in the organization and
development of training materials related to the project.
- Provides training materials support
throughout the implementation phase.
- Composes administrative correspondence
and drafts (external and internal) such as memos, letters, reports,
presentations, agendas, meeting materials, minutes. Material frequently
confidential in nature.
- Receives, reviews and processes incoming
correspondence. Prepares responses or materials.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and
handouts for campus meetings and conference presentations.
- Coordinates and arranges conference and
travel arrangements for the project team, as well as prepares travel
Assists with database management.
- Organizes and maintains files.
- Acts as project contact with all campus
- Maintains knowledge of University
systems, policies and procedures as necessary to support the software
- Responds to issues and priorities as
- Provides clerical support as necessary
to the Manager, Administration and Advancement Records.
Other duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree an asset.
5 years administrative experience required.
- Computer proficiency in a windows
environment using MS Office, spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in a post-secondary
educational institution and/or a fundraising environment is an asset.
- Experience with the supervision of
projects and delegation of tasks is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal,
organizational and communication skills, integrity, respect for
confidentiality, sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Familiarity with personnel
administration procedures and collective agreement.
- Highly organized with the ability to
- Willing and able to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and able to grasp new
- Keen interest in software implementation
and user training.
- Experience with PeopleSoft application
software is an asset.
- Knowledge of the University an asset.
- Most project work will be managed
independently, requiring occasional verbal review and/or approval,
re-direction of strategic process.
Consequence of Errors
Poor time management resulting in missed deadlines.
Errors in scheduling of Managerís calendar could result in committees
being unable to conduct their business potentially causing backlogs and
decreased efficiency and effectiveness.
All Staff in External Relations Portfolio including VP.
Administrative Information Services.
Other Universities and post-secondary institutions.
Vendors and IT consultants.