The Senior Database and Constituency Manager
oversees all aspects of database work in the Field Operations department
as well as provides in-depth and thorough analysis of all outreach and
mobilization efforts undertaken by our department.
In addition, this person will represent public policy and work
collaboratively on common data projects with Development and Information
This person will lead our efforts to capture, organize, use and analyze
constituent data to achieve department and organizational objectives
within the guidelines of the Information Technology Security, Privacy
and Confidentiality policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:1
- In coordination with staff, vendors
and affiliate stakeholders the Senior Database and Constituency
- Serves as lead point of contact on the
Data Warehouse project and takes charge of all aspects of project
- Continually builds and refines the
organization's understanding of its constituents, including annual
situational assessments, and work collaboratively with other members
of the organization to develop strategies for leveraging constituent
data to advance the work of the organization.
- Collaborates on maintenance and
development of national office advocacy systems, particularly the Data
Warehouse and Get Active functionality.
- Serves as team leader for
organization's efforts to understand its constituent data by guiding
analysis and segmentation efforts.
- Independently and proactively serves
as liaison with Information Technology departments and staff as well
as, Development, business users and vendors to determine information
requirements (both present and future) and drives the development of
the infrastructure so those needs can be met.
- Champion the acquisition,
implementation, training and adoption of processes and technologies
for effective constituent relationship management for all levels of
staff according to standard Information Technology policies and
- Takes lead on all augmentation / clean
up of existing data sources and ensures constituent data is fresh,
current and as enhanced as possible to ensure the most effective use
of all the information available.
- Develops the specifications for
standard reports and files the organization needs and works with the
internal and external resources to implement.
- Serves as a team member on strategic
planning efforts as 'guru' on constituent data.
- Implements and reports on IT Security,
Privacy and Confidentiality Policies and Procedures related to all
aspects of work with constituent data.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree, plus
additional related college courses or professional training
- Years of Experience: 5 to 7 years
- Type of Experience: General work
experience, directly-related work experience, progressively
responsible work experience and project management experience
- Other skills/knowledge:
Project management experience required;
Strong familiarity or experience with the workings of a nonprofit
organization and with nonprofit advocacy, fundraising, and
communications programs desired;
Ability to multi-task with several complex and demanding concurrent
Excellent written and verbal skills;
Proven ability of working in a team environment and in leading virtual
Very strong skills in:
- Business use of database technologies,
including coding structures and reports
Data analysis and modeling
- Needs assessment and requirements
- Designing and implementing business
processes for capturing and using constituent information
- Experience working with contact
management systems such as Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, DonorPerfect,
and/or Get Active software extremely helpful;
- Experience with the use of data mining
and analysis tools such as Crystal Reports a plus;
- Background experience or knowledge of
reproductive health issues helpful;
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Excellent time management required and
an ability to stay calm in a somewhat hectic environment;
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working
with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to
cultural differences is required.