|Employment | More With Less | Potpourri | Records | Reporting | Research | Revenue | Samples | Systems | Web Sightings|
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for
the design, implementation, and maintenance of Advancements reporting
efforts and reporting environment.
The position works with the various departments that relate to reporting, including divisions of IS and software vendors, as well as all units of Advancement, to meet data needs accurately and efficiently. Needs are to be met through ad hoc reporting, creating reports that are scheduled and delivered electronically or via a portal, developing a self-service environment, and providing training and on-point documentation for accessing all of these options.
This position is critical to the success of Advancement efforts, in an environment that is driven by data and information. The position will interact with all Advancement departments, as well as departments throughout the University, in providing appropriate information about the university's constituents and fund-raising financials.
DEPARTMENTAL EXPECTATION OF EMPLOYEE:
- Adheres to Development/Donor Servicesí policies and procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the department
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Abides by internal and external codes of ethics and confidentiality with regards to information maintained by Advancement
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meets department productivity standards and set goals
- Performs work with consistency, accuracy, responsiveness
- Takes ownership of assigned duties, projects and goals
- Demonstrates adaptability to change, and initiates or identifies change when necessary
- Continually maintains a detailed level of knowledge of best practices in data management, training, and reporting environments among peer and other institutions.
- Communicates effectively and regularly with director and co-workers about Department issues
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to translate requests into accurate reflections of requirements, provide recommendations and plans for handing data, document processes, anticipate needs, write accurate and detailed reports, and develop and deliver training materials for using self-serve system functions.
Design a new reporting environment and capitalize on increased functionality at a time of system upgrade and enhancement.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, design and evaluate reporting processes and efforts
- Implement the production of standard and special reports
- Translate requests into accurate reflections of requirements
- Continually educate requestors as to appropriate, desirable parameters
- Work with the fundraising software project team on conversion or upgrade efforts
- Develop a standard timeline for all reporting projects and efforts
- Develop efficient methods for reporting productivity and gift information internally and externally
- Participate in the development of the departmentís strategic goals and direction; set aggressive and relevant goals for the development of these functions.
- Monitor and participate in relevant listservs, training opportunities, user groups, publications, and professional groups to maintain a strong knowledge of developments in the fields of advancement, reporting and database management.
- Other related duties and special projects as assigned
Experience, Education and Licensure
Bachelorís degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in database management, programming, or data analysis in a fund-raising environment. Experience or equivalent knowledge of working in a fund-raising environment essential. An understanding of the advancement process, and advancement terminology strongly preferable. Demonstrated superior collaborative skills among a variety of personalities essential. Demonstrated experience as a self-directed visionary who can mold existing and new tools and pieces into a streamlined client-oriented program.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing and speaking. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to internal groups and external individuals. Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
Proficiency with report writing tools, SQL, PL/SQL and/or related tools strongly preferred. Experience with fundraising software, telemarketing, human resources, student systems and campus financial systems. Required proficiency in information and database management.