Responsible for writing proposals for both
unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for
submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded
- Responsible for conducting the full
range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant
proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on
foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and
- Work with finance to gather
information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on
current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as
required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors,
including work with Grants & Research Manager to provide regular
written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Understanding of institutional history
- Make appointments for VP Development
and Grants and Research Manager with foundation officers and other
prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation
officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database
and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to
development and provide department with written materials necessary
for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational
program attendance, etc).
- Work with Grants & Research Manager to
provide development input for all written institutional materials
(including Annual Report, Member magazine).
- Assist with other fundraising projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills;
ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information
- Experience with proposal writing and
- Knowledge of basic fundraising
techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with
research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team
- Minimum of two years experience with
- Previous experience with non-profit
- Experience working in deadline-driven
- Able to work well in a team
environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.