The Fundraising Services Assistant works in
conjunction with the Fundraising Services Manager to ensure the smooth
business operations of the fundraising division of the advancement
Working from the college’s campus advancement office, supports all
clerical and administrative work of the department.
REPORTS TO: Fundraising Services Manager
- According to established guidelines,
inputs information into the database, including address updates, new
prospect/donor information, gift information, call report data, etc.
- Runs complex reports basic reports
and executes complex queries from the database to fulfill mailing
label requests and data reports for Advancement, Communications,
and other offices.
- Records gifts and assists other
members of the Advancement Office with acknowledging them by writing
letters and receipts.
- Accurately enters gifts into donor
database, ensuring that all are coded correctly according to
campaign, purpose, gift amount, and any restrictions or reporting
requirements that may apply.
- Assists Fundraising Services Manager
with data update projects as needed.
- Posts batches to the general ledger
and assists in reconciling with the business office on a monthly
- Processes thank you letters from the
President, Vice President for Advancement, and any others involved
in the solicitation.
- Processes gift acknowledgements
ensuring that they are accurate and in keeping with policy on gift
- Runs month end reports to ensure
donors have been appropriately acknowledged and receipted.
- Assists the Fundraising Services
Manager in managing and maintaining the advancement departmental
- Updates donor hard files as
- Helps develop and implement smooth
business operations of the Advancement Office.
- Receives visitors and answers the
office’s main phone lines with a high standard of professionalism.
- Maintains supplies.
- Maintains Advancement Master
- Completes all copying and filing.
- Provides spreadsheet and word
- Helps schedule meetings,
appointments and room usage; coordinates refreshments, catering and
transportation as needed.
- Collects and distributes department
- Assists other advancement staff in
the office when needed.
- Assists with RSVP follow up when
- Performs additional duties as
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND
- Extensive administrative support
experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent inter-personnel and verbal
communication skills with ability to act in a mature and
professional manner with top donors and trustees.
- Good organizational skills required,
with strict attention to details in all tasks.
- A proven record of working
cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- PC proficiency, and experience with
word-processing and spreadsheets required.
- Ability to multi-task, set
priorities, and maintains positive attitude at times of increased
- Database experience is required and
gift processing experience a plus.
- BA/BS preferred.