- Responsible for soliciting gifts of
$100,000 and higher from alumnae and non-alumnae friends.
- Manage relationships with
approximately 75 prospective donors and will be expected to identify,
qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important alumnae
and friends of the college.
- Works collaboratively with and in
support of volunteers, other development and advancement staff, and
other College representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for
- Monitors all prospect contacts to
ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Recommends and assists with
programming involving the president, vice president for college
advancement, other vice presidents, and campaign volunteer leaders.
- Must be a highly energetic
professional with a track record of building donor relationships and
closing gifts in the six-figure range.
- Reports to the Vice President for
College Advancement and works collaboratively and strategically with
the College President, other fundraising professionals, faculty, and
other campus leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio of primary
prospects in the primary territory.
- Manage prospect activity in the
- Travel through the primary territory
at least three times a year.
- Manage prospects in a secondary
- Participate in all aspects of the gift
- Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including
working with volunteers
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward
solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest
ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and
perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey
sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Work collaboratively with college
development and advancement officers. Offer prospect strategy counsel
to the president, vice president, development and advancement staff
who are managing other prospects. Be a resource for
development/advancement staff, from identifying potential volunteer
connections to knowing about meeting and event spaces in key
- Focus on securing support for a set of
campus-wide priorities that include academic programs such as the
sciences, endowed chairs, scholarships, unrestricted support, facility
renovations, new facilities, and campus improvements. Provide counsel
to the vice president for advancement and director of alumnae
relations on outreach programming in the Major Gift Officerís primary
- Bachelorís Degree, Masters preferred
- Five to seven years successful
experience in major or planned gift fundraising preferably in higher
- Ability to understand the needs and
interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop
relationships between them and the college
- Interest in all aspects of education
and a dedication to promoting the collegeís fundraising priorities
through developing excellent relationships with faculty, senior
academic leaders, trustees, volunteers, and the advancement office
- Demonstrated leadership and the
ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas.
- Successful experience in making cold
calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must have excellent interpersonal
skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments.
- Must be willing to travel.