Responsible for all aspects of raising
support from foundations, corporations, and government sources requiring
proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted
- Work with Prospect Research Analyst to
produce sufficient number and quality of prospects; to produce
extensive institutional donor profiles; target appropriate ask
amounts; and prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate,
foundation, and government grants.
- Develop and prioritize projects and
proposals: meet and work with staff to elicit projects and programs
that need support; manage monthly meetings to vet projects and
programs and set priorities for funding.
- Develop and foster relationships with
institutional funders: find personal connections with staff, board,
trustees, volunteers, donors that will ensure the attention of
- Arrange for tours on site; make
appointments for President, VP Development, Dir of Dev, and others
with potential funders.
- Provide stewardship for existing
- Generate proposals for: unique
projects and programs; unique institutional and individual funders.
- Write or supervise writing of all
proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials.
- Manage existing grants by: tracking
grants; developing internal reporting systems; writing reports;
maintaining excellent historical records; working with staff to ensure
each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and
- Monitor and manage grants income goal.
- Assist with other fundraising projects
- Supervise Grant Writer.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of fundraising information
- Experience with proposal writing and
- Proven track record with institutional
- Knowledge of basic fundraising
techniques and strategies
- Excellent communication skills both
oral and written
- Excellent computer skills with all
Microsoft Office programs, Lotus notes, Blackbaud Raisers Edge 7
- Knowledge and familiarity with
research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Experience with budget development and
- Experience in program development.
- Knowledge of contracts and agreements
- Minimum of five years experience with
grant writing and management.
- Proven track record on raising money
from foundation and government sources.
- Program development experience
- Previous experience with non-profit