Executive Director of Alumni Relations
The Executive Director of Alumni
Relations is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the Universitys
alumni program and for executive support of the Alumni Association.
The Executive Director is responsible for planning and conducting all alumni related activities and programs designed to enhance the University and the Alumni Association.
General duties will include:
1. Provide executive leadership to the Alumni Associations 21-member Board of Directors;
2. Coordinate the involvement of alumni and students in the development, planning, implementation and management of comprehensive chapter programs;
3. Enlist, motivate and train a corps of volunteers committed to successful alumni programming;
4. Advance the Associations membership development program;
5. Provide direction and leadership to the student alumni association;
6. Coordinate the programs of the Alumni Association, including but not limited to, reunion and homecoming weekends and the various alumni recognition programs;
7. Establish annual operating strategies and budgets;
8. Supervise office staff, students and volunteers;
9. Provide leadership for various communication programs for alumni;
10. Support and advance the 5-year strategic plan of the Alumni Association;
11. Work with other campus offices on programs that involve alumni;
12. Travel as necessary to fulfill duties of the position.
1. A minimum of three years of successful management experience with a comprehensive university alumni program;
2. Bachelors degree required; advanced degree preferred;
3. Thorough knowledge of principles and methods for the operation of a successful alumni program;
4. Successful experience in management, program development and implementation in a complex organizational setting;
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills;
6. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with multiple constituencies, both internal and external;
7. Demonstrated ability to relate to an ethnically diverse population.