Experienced, take charge professional with
ability to manage administration and logistics in support of two
directors in a busy special events environment.
Assist with coordination of up to 200 events per year.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and
meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work
occasional evenings and weekends.
The event coordinator should have a love for special event management,
provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional,
and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
Event Planning and Production
- Assist with negotiations for space
contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order
supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order
event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color
schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the alumni
- Aggressively gather information on
each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits,
and find resources to help staff make decisions about event
- Create and revised room layouts for
- Propose new ideas to improve the
event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on
- Assist with managing on-site
production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials,
notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards,
- Close out all events as required.
- Assist with preparing budgets and
provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event
- Keep track of event finances
including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits
to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts
- Excellent communication skills,
including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both
in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with
- Fantastic customer service ethic and
high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- At least 3 years experience with
office administrative management.
- At least 1 year experience
coordinating special events.
- Proficient using the latest versions
of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email
and web searches.