|Employment | More With Less | Potpourri | Records | Reporting | Research | Revenue | Samples | Systems | Web Sightings|
Director of Annual Giving
The Director of
Annual Giving plans, organizes and implements strategies and programs
for the solicitation of annual discretionary gifts to the College.
The Director is responsible for meeting or exceeding each fiscal year’s Annual Fund goal through implementation of telemarketing, direct mail, and personal solicitation means in acquiring annual discretionary gifts from alumni, parents, faculty, friends and students.
The Director has supervisory responsibility over the Assistant Director of Annual Giving who implements the College’s student Calling Center (Phonathon) and the Faculty/Staff, Student, and Parents Annual Fund programs. This is a full-time administrative position reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
• Develop an annual marketing and solicitation plan for the procurement of Annual Fund gifts to the College;
• Organize and implement all plans for the successful attainment of the Annual Fund goal on a fiscal year basis including the development, production and distribution of all marketing materials necessary to achieve desired gift yields;
• Coordinate and participate in the solicitation of Leadership Giving Society (LGS) donations of $500 or more with special emphasis on those contributing at the $1,000 level or higher meeting annual goals for giving clubs;
• Manage and oversee activities of the Assistant Director of Annual Giving with assigned responsibility over the Phonathon Program and its in-house Call Center, the Parents Program, Faculty and Staff Campaign, and Student Class Gift program, meeting annual goals for each program;
• Secures all Annual Fund Challenge Gifts in cooperation with Development officers;
• Coordinates and implements the corporate Matching Gift Program;
• Produces daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed and requested to monitor progress of the Annual Fund;
• In cooperation with the Coordinator of Investor Relations, plans and implements strategies for recognizing and stewarding donors to the Annual Fund at the leadership gift society levels;
• Plans, organizes, and implements strategies for all giving to the Annual Fund by alumni celebrating their 25th , 30th, 35th and 40th reunion, including the identification, recruitment and training of volunteer solicitors, as appropriate.
• Assists in the solicitation of all leadership gift society donations for the Legacies classes (45th through 50th) in cooperation with Development officers;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of successful experience in higher education Annual Fund solicitation and administration, sales, or marketing.
Familiarity with telemarketing sales and administration is helpful, though not essential.
Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal skills are required, along with attention to detail and a goal-oriented work ethic.
Facility with computers and databases is essential.
Some travel may be required.