|Employment | More With Less | Potpourri | Records | Reporting | Research | Revenue | Samples | Systems | Web Sightings|
Director of Development Services
The Director of Development Systems is
primarily responsible for technical support for, training of, and
management of the department's advancement system, Raiser's Edge from
The Director will work closely with the Administrative Systems Programmer/Analyst in Technology Services for the planning and implementation of Raiser's Edge software.
This position will maintain and constantly work towards improving the quality of the database of gifts, donors and alumnae.
It will also provide maintenance and upgrades of Raiser's Edge software and work to improve the quality of and use of information provided by the database to maximize fund raising results.
The Director of Development Systems reports to the Director of Advancement Services in Institutional Advancement.
Status: This is a salaried and exempt position, and a fulltime regular position on the Institutional Advancement staff.
- Work closely with Technical Services manager for BlackBaud software and Technology Department, to facilitate effective use of Raiser's Edge, and transfer of information from Colleague to Raiser's Edge.
- Assist Director of The Annual Fund in oversight and management of departmental web presence.
- Design, generate, and manage development reports
- Lend support to Alumnae & Parent Relations and The Annual Fund including file preparedness, segmenting, etc.
- Support and management of secondary departmental technologies (e.g., P!N database, online giving vendor, MySQL databases, etc).
- Provide maintenance and upgrades of Raiser's Edge software in conjunction with Administrative Systems Programmer/Analyst in Technology Services Department
- Manage and complete efficient and effective audits of database.
- Work closely with Gift Records Coordinator and Departmental Assistant on technical challenges to effective and efficient gift processing
- Understanding and application of relevant IRS/FERPA/HIPAA/etc. rules to ensure college compliance with applicable laws.
- Provide training and consultation of the software system to staff
- Attend and participate in biweekly Institutional Advancement staff meetings
- Effective in developing and supporting inter/intra departmental relationships
- Attend and participate in other campus committees as needed
- Effective in support of entire Advancement department use of technology.
- Reports to the Director of Advancement Services
- Bachelors Degree.
- Detailed understanding of computer systems used in Advancement/fund raising.
- Experience with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge, Datatel's Colleague, and Crystal Reports.
- Proactive, customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Flexible, ability to deal with multiple time-sensitive Projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills.
- Experience in development/higher education environment desired.
- Belief in the mission of the college and an appreciation of single-sex education.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment while managing multiple priorities.