This position assists the Associate Director
with the overall operation of the Annual Fund, the annual giving program
of the school.
Responsibilities include specific components of the direct mail program,
growth of volunteer involvement, and direct solicitation of annual fund
- Managing the four annual, giving
society, and general alumni solicitations for the school's direct
mail fundraising program, this includes working with Associate
Director and Assistant Director for Stewardship to develop annual
theme and letters for annual solicitation program, supervising all
components of each mailing, working with phonathon vendor to
integrate telemarketing and direct mail campaigns, and overseeing
data management, list pulls and data manipulation and clean up.
- Managing the two annual phonathon
efforts, this includes but is not limited to providing the vendor
with appropriate data, overseeing data clean up, developing and/ or
editing appropriate scripts, and following-up on alumni questions/
issues raised during the phonathons.
- Managing the firm and corporate
visit program (8-10 visits/year), this includes but is not limited
to contacting firm representatives to schedule visits, assisting in
preparing the Dean's presentation, developing information packets
for the attendees, and managing meeting logistics and any necessary
- Planning and implementing two annual
reunion giving campaigns.
- Recruiting and managing 20-30
Reunion Committee members (volunteer solicitors), guiding them, and
assigning and/or accompanying them on major gift solicitations as
- Developing, with Associate Director
and Assistant Director for Stewardship, a template letter to send to
- Creating personalized letters for
the top 10-20% potential donors.
- Overseeing all reunion solicitation
mailings (10 classes/year).
- Identifying and personally
soliciting prospects for gifts of $1,000 or more.
- Developing strategies for giving and
participation campaigns, including mail, phone and personal
- Coordinating and working with
students on the Graduating Class Gift; Creating Parents'/ Legacy
Challenge letters (when appropriate) and following-up with Dean when
- Convening a graduating class
fundraising committee and leading 3-6 meetings.
- Working with students on gift
- Assisting students with fundraising
strategies, creation of letters, pledge cards and web pages, and
- Overseeing gift counting, processing
- Coordinating student pledge
reminders in post-campaign years.
- Meeting personally with 40-50 Law
School alumni and friends each year for the purpose of raising
annual donations through the process of identifying, qualifying,
cultivating, soliciting and stewarding them.
- Making bi-annual solicitation phone
calls to giving societies, donors, for the same purpose and to
encourage gifts to the Annual Fund; Assisting Associate Director,
Annual Fund, with ongoing analysis of fundraising progress and
taking primary responsibility for peer school benchmarking projects.
- Collaborating with Assistant
Director, Stewardship in obtaining electronic data for the annual
Honor Roll and in proof-reading same.
- Participating in planning meetings,
accepting special assignments, assisting colleagues and providing
support for all ongoing programs and operations as needed.
- Performing other related duties as
required or assigned.
- A bachelor's degree, or the
equivalent combination of education, training and experience from
which comparable skills can be acquired.
- 1-3 years of experience in
development or experience in marketing, sales or public relations,
supplemented by experience as an employee or volunteer for a
- Project coordination/ management
- Superior communications skills,
including writing and presentation skills, as well as ability to
present before a group.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency
with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong organizational and
- Discretion and ability to interact
with high-level donors.
Experience in annual fund work and/ or familiarity with a higher
- Writing and editorial experience.
- Strong computer software program
skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.