The director manages all functions of alumni
relations, including working with an elected Alumni Association Board of
Directors to craft and execute its annual plan; planning and running
special events designed for alumni; and implementing services and
activities that engage alumni and encourage participation in the life of
The director also manages and executes the annual giving program, which
entails direct mail, phonathons, personal visits, prospect screening,
database segmentation and related marketing efforts.
The director is a member of the Development and Alumni Relations
Supervision Received: Reports to the Executive Director of the
Supervision Exercised: Hires and manages work-study students and other
students involved in phonathons.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and execute programs in
concert with the Alumni Board of Directors and members of the
Development and Alumni Relations team (e.g., reunions, special
events, the regional club network, student-alumni relations, career
networking efforts) to help meet the Collegeís and Alumni
Associationís fundraising and alumni relations goals.
- Initiate, coordinate and manage
activities of the Alumni Associationís Board of Directors and other
- Work with College departments to
organize and deploy volunteers to advance the Collegeís mission and
- Recruit volunteers and manage and
direct programs in which they are involved.
- Serve as the contact person for
alumni, parents and others interested in information, services and
programs related to alumni.
- Oversee use and maintenance of
alumni records and other files.
- Design and implement the annual
giving program from concept to completion.
- Identify and research annual fund
- Supervise the creation and mailing
of all announcements and appeals.
- Recruit and meet with annual giving
- Conduct personal solicitations with
annual fund donors and prospects.
- Manage phonathon and recruit student
- Prepare statistical reports for
Presidentís Report and related publications.
- Other duties as assigned by the
Executive Director of the Foundation.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelorís degree from an accredited
college or university.
- Five years of progressive experience
in alumni relations and/or fund raising, and familiarity with
principles and practices of annual giving.
- Experience in educational
- Excellent written, oral and
interpersonal skills; demonstrated personal solicitation experience.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge
of database research and maintenance.
- Ability to work with students, as
well as volunteers of all ages.\
- Must be able to travel and work
evenings and weekends as warranted.