|Employment | More With Less | Potpourri | Records | Reporting | Research | Revenue | Samples | Systems | Web Sightings|
Alumni Development Specialist
The duties of the Alumni Development
Specialist are varied, but focus primarily on fundraising, developing
and implementing alumni service programs in cooperation with the
Foundation Board and Alumni Association.
The Manager of Alumni Development will be responsible for coordinating a program of ongoing printed and electronic communication with the collegeís alumni.
The primary and most important overall responsibility of all employees is to provide service in a pleasant, helpful, and effective manner to our students and other members of the college community.
1. Plans, coordinates, and implements alumni fundraising efforts, including the annual giving campaign and other activities in conjunction with the Dean of Institutional Advancement and the College Foundation Board.
2. Coordinates alumni communications, including writing/editing of alumni newsletters and/or magazines.
3. Arranges and conducts interviews; writes and edits articles for alumni publications.
4. Assists with the planning and coordination of special events for alumni and serves as liaison to the BCC Alumni Association.
5. Processes all incoming payments for alumni programs and annual giving campaign, including entry of payments into alumni database and preparation of bank deposits.
6. Oversees and maintains alumni database.
7. Maintains accurate financial records (in a software application environment) in conjunction with the Foundation Office.
8. Writes and manages materials for the alumni website.
9. Attends professional meetings.
10. Represents Alumni Association and the Foundation at various meetings and functions.
11. Serves on various college committees, as appropriate, subject to supervisorís approval.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.