The Technology and
Information Systems Operations Manager (TISOM) administers and maintains
information technology systems (including PC and LAN equipment).
operations functions to offices for the organization’s standard
hardware, software and voice/data network solutions.
the purchase, installation, and life-cycle maintenance of PCs, servers
and LAN network connectivity equipment.
provides escalated on-site support of hardware, software and network
Acts as the
primary point of communication between TIS and operating, business and
administration and operations functions as appropriate in accordance
with standards, policies and procedures.
The position is
supervised by the division Program Director of TIS Operations and has no
The TISOM may
coordinate and direct the activities of volunteers and staff (key users)
in cross-organizational and cross-functional teams.
- In cooperation with TIS, local
operations staff and key users, provides strategic, budgeting and
disaster recovery/businesscontinuity planning to offices and staff in
multiple operating, business and functional units.
- Responsible for local inventory
maintenance and software license management.
- Monitors security compliance in
accordance with TIS standards, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance of systems
documentation such as TIS operations manuals.
- Serves as the technical and
communications liaison to and from stakeholders and office key users for
TIS communications, initiatives, needs assessments, etc.
- Responsible for procurement,
installation and life-cycle maintenance of IT hardware and software
(includes PCs, peripherals, servers, networking equipment, operating
systems and other software
- Provides new staff with PC/account setup
- Provides escalated technical support
that requires an on-site presence (server, NAS, network or PC equipment
failure), including data backup recovery. Performs complex
software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and re-installations in
cooperation with the Enterprise Helpdesk and in accordance with
- Provides consulting/training/education
services such as data management and staff training/orientation for
- Serves as the IT point of contact and
accountable for the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions,
etc. This includes relocation and/or installation of voice/data
communications solutions, LAN and PC equipment.
- Responsible for local IT vendor,
contract and outsourcing management.
- Performs appropriate duties associated
with division and TIS project-based activities. Provides backup for
other TIS Operations Managers in the region. With TIS, participates in
the identification, development and communication of new technology
standards and best practices as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring data backups
in offices to ensure that they are completed on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years
related experience or equivalent combination.
- Professional certifications as
- Knowledge of current trends in the
- Demonstrated experience with standard
software applications, including MS Office, Windows. May require
database management skills with ability to produce reports. Ability to
use advanced computer functions including navigating the Internet.
Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Familiarity with support and
troubleshooting of personal computers.
- Must have a strong dedication to
- Training ability/experience a plus.
- Analyze situations, evaluate
alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where
- Interpret guidelines and analyze factual
information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing
- Duties may require non-routine analysis,
research and follow-through.
- May act as a resource to others to solve
- Exercise independent judgment. Work
affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks.
- Duties are performed under minimal
RESPONSIBILITY/OVERSIGHT –FINANCIAL &
- Financial responsibility may include
working within a budget to complete projects, negotiating and
contracting with vendors, assisting with budget development, and meeting
- Purchase equipment and supplies as
provided for in budget.
- Work and communicate with a wide range
of people – peers, vendors, the public, staff members including program
leadership, and others.
- Consistently demonstrate professional,
positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion. Demonstrate
sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Formulate and clearly communicate ideas
- Fluency in English and the primary
language of the country or region supported.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work requires ability to lift 30 to 50
pounds on a regular basis. Work may require moderate physical exertion
and/or physical strain.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% to
35% in both U.S. and non-U.S. locations, at times in remote or difficult
- Ability to work under stress during peak
- Work environment involves only
infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.