The Director of Fundraising Information
Systems is responsible for planning, maintaining, monitoring, and
evaluating the software system (Team Approach) and new enhancements
needed for the organization's fundraising efforts.
The Director is responsible for managing the database of more than
500,000 records that is integral to the generation of more than 20
million dollars annually.
The Director is responsible for all queries, reports, and overall timely
management of output from the system.
- Develops and oversees the
fundraising software system (Team Approach) for Individual Giving,
Major Giving, and Foundation and Government Relations.
- Manages close working relationships
with fundraising departments and other staff who rely on Team
Approach to ensure coordination of system output and reports to
enhance fundraising efforts.
- Develops customized reporting
solutions for marketing and development staff to meet their business
- Provides support services and
fundraising tools to fundraising projects including direct mail and
telemarketing, on-air fundraising, major giving, planned giving, and
- Suggests ways that marketing
managers can utilize systems and software to increase revenue and
increase the number of supporters.
- Is responsible for the integrity of
all links from the Internet to Team Approach.
- Assists the Senior Vice President of
Individual Giving in interpreting needs and assessing fundraising
solutions through the software system, and integrates all
Development efforts on Team Approach.
- Ensures the safety and integrity of
the database, including all contributor and prospect files and data
- Creates, manages and monitors the
budget for the FIS Department.
- Maintains an efficient daily
workflow of queries and output based on the departments' marketing
needs to reach goals.
- Manages querying and reporting
- Analyzes and extracts data from the
Team Approach database using a variety of tools.
- Creates output files in a variety of
formats for importing into other applications, such as FileMaker
- Supports staff in developing and
implementing queries, and reviews and recommends changes to current
processes that are under performing or are off strategy.
- Works with all staff on reporting
needs and maintains a library of reports from Team Approach.
- Develops reports for data mining and
- Designs, plans, maintains and
evaluates a training program for all staff on all uses of the
- Manages and monitors training and
staff support for Team Approach.
- Provides technical advice and
training to managers and staff.
- Works closely with the IT staff in
integrating consistent computer management priorities and new
technologies for the fundraising software system.
- Works with IT to maintain effective
performance to support application and appropriate system backups.
- Ensures that software system is
working 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
- Develops, when necessary, internal
business-related code structures in Team Approach.
- Manages and oversees the checking of
these codes to ensure their proper use.
- Maintains database hygiene strategy.
- Oversees necessary controls and
security to protect database.
- Is responsible for all upgrades and
enhancements of Team Approach, including testing, training and
documentation associated with the upgrade.
- Manages the relationship with PBS
and Target Software regarding support, enhancements, fixing bugs,
and tracking the system as efficiently as possible. Participates in
information sharing and user groups for the software system.
- Works to develop new tools to help
streamline day-to-day processing such as pledge automation, premium
tracking, gift processing and more.
- Supervises Project Analysts creating
queries and working with Team Approach as well as a staffer for TA
training and documentation.
- Develops new tools/systems as CTI
(communication technology interface), pledge automation, and premium
- Direct experience with Team Approach
- Bachelorís degree plus a minimum of
five years progressively more responsible fundraising
management/marketing systems experience.
- Working knowledge of non-profit
fundraising with emphasis on statistical analysis and predictive
modeling to support, improve and enhance fundraising marketing
- Ability to look at data and find
valuable and actionable information.
- Strong proficiency in support and
use of software applications such as MS Office or FileMaker Pro.
Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and SQL*Plus is required, plus experience
with a relational database.
- Strong staff management skills with
proven track record managing staff responsible for department and
- Strong customer service skills and
collaborative demeanor and spirit to work with staff to secure for
them the tools they need to support their fundraising objectives.
- Effective oral and written
- Excellent organizational and time
management skills with careful attention to detail needed.
- Excellent analytical and creative
- Flexibility in work hours required;
will require some irregular and/or long hours.