As a member of the senior management team,
is responsible for financial management of the department and oversees
Information Technology support services for development and alumni
Reporting to the Executive Director, External Relations, and working
closely across all areas of External Relations, the Director will be
responsible for financial oversight of External Relations as well as
assessing, recommending for change, and implementing strategies
involving alumni information services, and overall information and data
management and systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Financial and Personnel Management:
- Provides financial oversight for all
of External Relations.
- Working with the ER Directors,
compiles the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts.
- Reviews monthly financial reports
and monitors spending to ensure that budget goals are met.
- Advises Department Directors and
others on financial matters.
- Works closely with the Financial
Office in the administration of University and policies.
- Serves as the ER expert on the chart
of accounts, invoices and expense reporting.
- Oversees compliance with PeopleSoft
HR system within External Relations.
- Assists in the creation of financial
reports to monitor progress of fundraising goals.
- Suggests and implements improvements
in both processes and reports.
- Assists in the development of new
methods to forecast annual cash flows.
- Monitors FTE counts, position
numbers, and performance management process, addresses salary equity
issues and serves as a sounding board on staff and labor relations,
and organizational design.
Alumni Information Services:
- Oversees the unit responsible for
ensuring the accurate collection and entry of alumni biographic
information and the creation and issuance of various reports to
support alumni programs and development.
- Oversees the compilation of gift
data for publication in the annual report on giving and other
- Oversees the strategic development
and implementation of the information technology aspects of External
- Works closely with the IT group and
the External Relations staff to continually assess, enhance and
maintain information technology and databases to support alumni
programs and development activities.
- Serves as link to IT Client
Services, maintains priority list of IT-related projects.
- Prioritizes and develops new
applications and processes to improve internal efficiency,
streamline processes, and ensure data integrity.
- Serves as link to Operations
Department regarding office moves, reassignments, etc.
- The ideal candidate will possess a
strong interest and proven experience in both strategic and
operational management, finance and information systems, and
experience managing top quality service resource teams.
- S/he will bring proven
organizational, interpersonal, and line management skills to the
- The successful candidate must enjoy
assessing current systems and aligning service strategies with the
overall mission of an organization.
- The person must have a keen interest
in and ability to evaluate processes and implement improvements, and
must be committed to developing and motivating team members.
- MBA or equivalent experience,
particularly with finance and information technology management, 10+
years of related experience, strong organizational, analytical,
financial, and service management skills necessary.
- Proven success managing service
delivery teams who work under deadlines with extremely high quality
- Proven ability to provide advice and
counsel across a complex organization.
- Experience in data management,
systems implementation, analysis and redesign of business processes
- Excellent communications
skills, both oral & written.
- Requires proven planning and project