|Employment | More With Less | Potpourri | Records | Reporting | Research | Revenue | Samples | Systems | Web Sightings|
Development Operations Manager
This position is primarily responsible for
supporting Department Operations for the Development Office and provides
administrative support to the Senior VP Development and department staff
The primary role of the individual is to manage the core department operations including gift processing, donor receipts/acknowledgment, and maintaining integrity of donor and contributed income financial records.
The ideal candidate has experience in managing donor/prospect databases effectively, posses analytical skills, is organized and able to multitask. Facility with Windows operating environment, Word and Excel required.
Essential Responsibilities/Principle Activities:
1. Development Database Management (Raiser’s Edge 7.7) including gift processing for operating, program, capital gifts and grants. Manages automated acknowledgments for various campaigns and drafts/edits personalized acknowledgements. Duties include the accurate entry of data for donor and prospect records, and the productions of lists and reports.
2. Provide support as needed for the fundraising activities including annual campaigns, cultivation and special events, and employee campaigns.
3. Responsible for the maintenance of the Raiser's Edge (TM) donor database and records.
4. Assures integrity of data and records, deleting duplicate records, appropriate coding, etc. Audits data entry for errors or incorrect codes.
5. Maintains appropriate records of batches, paper files, and other records related to contributions.
6. Serves as liaison with Finance Department to ensure accuracy of gift/donation records and deposits in AS400.
7. Responsible for tracking and filing multi-year capital campaign pledge documentation and has working knowledge of and ensures adheres to systems/controls established auditors standards.
8. Remain current in required and voluntary training in order to promote growth of mind, spirit, and character values for all.
Education and Experience:
Three - five years of related experience, with an established record of database management and development operations experience.
This individual must have the ability to work individually on projects as well as be a team player.
This individual must also be organized and meticulous; and pay attention to detail. BA/BS and 2-3 years experience in a Development shop.
Skills and Competencies:
• Strong computer skills, particularly in word, excel, and development database programs (Raiser’s Edge software experience highly desirable. Comprehensive training provided).
• Knowledge of the utilization of information systems to support fund raising activities.
• Writing and editing skills.
• Strong commitment to quality work, customer service and high productivity.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
• Technologically savvy in handling of administrative practices.
• Strong verbal and listening skills.
• Detail orientation and high work ethic.
• Able to handle confidential and sensitive information.