The incumbent will report to the Director of
Advancement Services & Prospect Research and will provide administrative
support to the Advancement Services and Prospect Research staff.
Provide support to major gift fundraising staff using the Prospect
Management system, including training, user documentation, and adherence
to guidelines and policies. Interact extensively with staff regarding
usage of the Prospect Management system, ensuring that accurate
information is maintained about relationships with potential major gift
Assist with the implementation of strategies and services/functions for
the Advancement Services office.
Assist with data entry and information management for donors and
prospects. Coordinate, design, and maintain policies/procedures,
fundraiser prospect management, reporting, and statistical analysis.
Coordinate non-University Advancement clearance requests and
implement/maintain procedures for review. Create, maintain, and search
databases and manipulate data to produce lists, mailing labels, and
Create and maintain website information.
Prepare a variety of documents and reports on financial activities for
Reconcile department budget and maintain accurate financial records.
Process disbursements, check requests, and purchase requisitions.
Prepare, type, and edit correspondence, presentation materials,
announcements, and bulk mailings.
Oversee the ordering of office supplies and work orders.
Special projects as requested.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general accounting and
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar,
punctuation, and spelling.
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge
of the university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated computer and software
skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, database applications,
- Competence in analyzing data and
producing specialized reports.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional oral and written
communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Ability to use judgment and
- Ability to maintain complex records
- Ability to troubleshoot most office
administration problems and respond to all inquires and requests
related to the work area.
- Ability to understand problems from a
broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration
- Ability to effectively write and
- Ability to effectively handle
interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and
monitor projects to completion.
- Ability to work both independently and
in coordination with professional colleagues.
- Ability to search and acquire basic
information using the internet.
- Ability to manipulate various database
records to produce lists, mailing labels, and merged letters. Ability
to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to make complex decisions,
problem solve, and work cooperatively and effectively with diverse
Experience and Education:
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree and
a minimum of three years of progressively responsible clerical or
- Experience with development,
education, or non-profit institution preferred.
- Experience with BSR Advance or other
fundraising database preferred.
- Experience training on database or
application of policies/procedures preferred.
- Experience assisting development
officers with prospect management preferred.