The Applications Specialist is responsible
for the integration of University Advancement's multiple software
systems with the Office of Information Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support of
computer applications (e.g.online community or web portal, online
Raiser's Edge, Ruffalo Cody system, etc.) to ensure availability,
efficient and effective use.
- Manage the Alumni/donor database
system (Raiser's Edge) toensure timely upgrades, security and
maintenance in accordance with IT policies.
- Work closely with the Director of
Advancement Services to identify and understand Advancement's
objectives and ensure that these objectives are met with the best
possible use of resources.
- Develop/maintain interface between
Datatel and Raiser's edge.
- Develop/maintain web-based services
interfaces for serving Alumni online.
- Oversee data integrity and standards
of UA systems.
- Maintain technical documentation on
- Conduct technical training on
systems specific to University Advancement and coordinate training
on other applications with the Director of Training.
- Identify, document and implement
enhanced business processes that improve University Advancement
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Development of Alumni reports and
management dashboards using the University's standard reporting
system - Crystal Reports.
- Other duties as assigned by OIT
Applications Development Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Understanding of relational database
- Experience in Microsoft Office and
Windows server environments.
- Strong verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and
Associate's degree in related field plus
3 years experience or combination of experience and education totaling
Experience in managing relational database applications required.
Knowledge of Crystal Reports and Raiser's Edge system preferred.